As a trusted local electrician in Lymington and the New Forest it has been business as usual over the last 12 weeks for some of the Punton Electrics team. Our main focus has been helping customers with electrical issues and emergency electrical work.
Of course, our way of working has had to change somewhat, in accordance with the latest government COVID-19 guidelines.
Given the continuing COVID-19 situation we wanted to highlight some guidelines for an electrical visit to a property – making sure we keep the safety of our customers and staff forefront of mind.
Here’s a guide of what to expect when your local electrician comes round:
- If you have recently returned from a country that requires you or any person in your household to quarantine, please note we will not be able to attend or work in your property during this stated period.
- Please let us know at the time of making your appointment if you are shielding or self-isolating – we will make the appropriate provisions for your safety and that of our electricians. If you are ill with symptoms of the virus, we cannot come in.
- Access – We ask that, where possible, you leave internal doors open prior to our electrician coming in – this is to minimise contact with touch points such as door handles.
- On arrival our electrician, with the required PPE, will knock or call to let you know he has arrived.
- The electrician will then move back from the door in anticipation of you answering the door.
- Where possible, we ask that you explain where in the property the work is needed and explain directions to it. We’ll ask that you do not accompany the electrician to the place of work.
- Once our electrician is inside we would ask that you move to a different room within the property.
- Please don’t offer our electricians anything to eat or drink – as kind as it is they will not be able to accept.
- We ask that you remain away from the workspace whilst the electrician is in the property – ideally staying in the same location to minimise confined contact.
- Once the work is completed, the electrician will wipe down all surfaces he has come in to contact with.
- He’ll leave the property, shutting the door behind him.
- He will then knock again on the door or call you and take a step back
- He will stay at least 2m away while he advises completion of the work and whether any further work is necessary.
Contact Punton Electrics
If you need a local electrician for any electrical work or if have any electrical issues please be sure to contact Punton Electrics. If you have any queries or require any further information please don’t hesitate to call us on 01590 679081 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.